- To develop CORESTA Recommended Methods as requested by the Scientific Commission.
- To maintain existing CORESTA Recommended Methods (CRMs) pertinent to analytical test methods related to tobacco, smoke, and cigarette components.
- To check on an annual basis the CORESTA monitor test piece by conducting collaborative experiments.
PTM - Physical Test Methods - 2005
- To develop and maintain CORESTA Recommended Methods (CRMs), pertinent to physical test methods related to tobacco products and their components.
- To develop CORESTA Technical Reports and Guides for the application of physical test methods related to tobacco products and their components.
- To organise, conduct and report on routine inter-laboratory studies in order to assess inter-laboratory consistency and to enable continual improvement of participating laboratories.
CSM - Cigar Smoking Methods - 2006
- To develop and update CORESTA Recommended Methods by investigating the technical problems associated with the mechanical smoking of cigars.
- To conduct periodical collaborative studies in order to improve repeatability and reproducibility in different cigar sizes and types.
- To establish confidence intervals for the smoke yields of all different cigar sizes.
- To propose and evaluate practical and robust Recommended Methods for the determination of analytes.
- To periodically organise collaborative and/or proficiency testing
- To organise the manufacture and maintain smokeless tobacco reference products.
EVAP - E-Vapour - 2013
- To identify areas of scientific research and conduct studies that will characterise e-liquids, e-vapour product emissions, and device properties and performance.
- To develop and publish methods and guides.
- To organise and conduct periodic proficiency/collaborative studies of identified constituents in e-liquids and e-vapour product aerosol.
CVAR - Cigarette Variability - 2014
- To develop an appropriate experimental plan to explore cigarette variability.
- To conduct a collaborative study to enhance the understanding of overall tobacco and smoke analyte variability relevant to commercial cigarette design features.
- To create a CORESTA Technical Report.