PUB - Product Use Behaviour (formerly Smoking Behaviour) - 1996
- To critique and review published papers on all aspects of tobacco and related products' use behaviour, and publish the critical reviews in peer-reviewed journals.
- To examine unpublished reports and work on the subject within Member Organisations, with a view to recommending publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- To identify gaps in total information and suggest suitable work to provide the necessary information.
SMA - Smoke Analytes (formerly Special Analytes) - 1999 - 2020
- To propose and maintain CORESTA Recommended Methods (CRMs) and related documents for the analysis of smoke constituents from combustible tobacco products.
- To organise interlaboratory testing related to Objective 1.
DISBANDED 2020 - Group merged with Routine Analytical Chemistry (RAC) Sub-Group to form new group Smoke Analysis (SA)
IVT - In Vitro Toxicity Testing - 2002
- To compile and review information on in vitro toxicity testing and apply learnings to further biological research.
- To organise and conduct periodically proficiency testing of tobacco and tobacco related products.
BMK - Biomarkers - 2009
- To develop a robust understanding of mechanistic pathways and clinical outcomes for smoking-related diseases to better identify fit-for-purpose biomarkers.
- To review and summarise published literature on biomarkers that are fit-for-purpose in the assessment of potential reduced risk tobacco products (PRRPs).
- To evaluate and recommend guidelines and best practice for utilising fit-for-purpose biomarkers in studies assessing PRRPs.
SA - Smoke Analysis - 2020
- To propose and maintain CORESTA Recommended Methods (CRMs) and related documents for the analysis of smoke constituents from combustible tobacco products other than cigar TNCO.
- To organise the manufacture of and maintain CORESTA Monitor Test Pieces.
CROM - Consumer Reported Outcome Measures Consortium - 2018
To provide guidance on how to develop, validate, select, access and use consumer-reported outcome measures (CROM) to evaluate tobacco and nicotine-containing products for pre-market and post-market purposes:
- By reviewing existing information on measures
- By developing guidance on the development and validation of measures
- By creating a knowledge repository to store measures and facilitate identification and access
Through a cooperation platform involving tobacco industry and the guidance of academia and regulatory agency stakeholders
NGTX - 21st Century Toxicology for Next Generation Tobacco and Nicotine Products - 2019
- To review emerging technologies and application to Next Generation Products (NGP) testing.
- To identify appropriate approaches and application of emerging technologies to NGP testing.
- To provide guidance documents to support assay application for NGP testing using toxicity testing in the 21st century (TT21C) relevant assays.