CORESTA Members are companies, associations, institutes of all sizes. They are private or governmental organisations that have a scientific activity related to tobacco and tobacco products, from seed producers to analytical laboratories or suppliers of the industry, from corporate entities to one-person consulting offices.
Joining CORESTA gives a Member Organisation the opportunity to:
- Belong to a worldwide community of scientists and experts dedicated to the tobacco and tobacco products.
- Participate in study groups, collaborative work, joint experiments, proficiency tests; to bring expertise and capabilities in developing methods and guidance rules.
- Have access to the Member section of the CORESTA website where presentations as well as full texts of certain scientific papers, and additional information and images are published that are not available to the general public.
- Attend CORESTA yearly meetings and congresses at a reduced registration fee.
- Elect or be elected representative in the Board and Scientific Commission, the leading bodies of the Association to orientate and monitor the scientific work of the working groups.
Each Member Organisation designates one Official Delegate as a contact to the General Secretariat, who will have the privilege of:
- receiving the biennial Activity Report
- attending the General Assembly
- participating in the elections of the Board and Scientific Commission
- participating in the elections to change statutes and rules.
- circulating specific information within the Member Organisation
Each Member Organisation may designate as many participants as necessary in the working groups.
To join CORESTA:
Please find below a Membership Application form and the CORESTA Statutes and Rules for your information.
ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESS FOR JOINING CORESTA:
- The candidate Organisation completes the Membership Application Form:
- Membership fees are shown on page 1.
- Sub-Groups and Task Forces that the candidate Organisation wishes to join are to be listed at the bottom of page 2.
- Highlights of the CORESTA Statutes and Rules are reminded on page 5.
- The Membership Application Form is to be sent to the CORESTA Secretary General.
- The Secretary General submits the application for approval by the CORESTA Board.
- Feedback is provided within ten days. If approval is granted by the Board, the candidate Organisation is allocated a Member Number and is sent an invoice for the payment of the membership fee.
- Once payment is received, the candidate Organisation formally becomes an Official Member of CORESTA.
The CORESTA membership fee is linked to the CORESTA Financial Year (1 April - 31 March) and an invoice is sent to Member Organisations every year in April. An Organisation may nevertheless join any time during the year. Organisations joining after the annual CORESTA meetings in October are charged half the membership fee to cover the remainder of the Financial Year.