The main bodies of CORESTA are:
- the General Assembly, comprising the Official Delegates of the Member Organisations, entitled to vote at all elections.
- the Board, comprising 12 to 14 Member Organisations, represented by executives who govern the association and provide the policy guidance.
- the Scientific Commission, in charge of orientating and coordinating scientific work according to objectives and priorities given by the Board. It is composed of 20 scientists, five from each of the Study Groups, elected every two years by Member Organisation delegates, during the Congress.
- the Study Groups and ACAC, with over 600 people participating and numerous Sub-Groups and Task Forces with specific objectives, to undertake studies and produce reference documents.
- A General Secretariat, based in Paris, is in charge of the smooth running of the Association and the documentation.