Phytopathology & Genetics
- To summarise available IPM strategies relevant for each tobacco pest and disease.
- To produce a document for agronomists & farmers, structured by disease / pest, and providing a common outline framework based on relevant IPM methods. This document to be included on the CORESTA website.
VIR - Virus Diseases - 2008
- To collate and draw conclusions from the viral data (1995-2011).
- To publish a report in a peer-reviewed journal.
- To collect international data on plant diseases, such as pictures, descriptions, diagnostic, available treatments, etc.
- To format this information for uploads on the e-phytia/tobacco website and related portable applications.
To test promising biological and eco-friendly control agents, compared with current control practices.
To collect and collate existing information and to compile documents which will be posted and updated on the CORESTA website:
- Compiling details of all known molecular markers in tobacco, published and unpublished.
- Compiling experimental results of studies testing the efficacy of alternative products (crop protection agents (CPAs) and fertilisers).
- To understand the genetics that control alkaloid formation in tobacco plants.
- To understand the feasibility of conventional and non-conventional breeding techniques to modify alkaloid formation in tobacco plants.
- To understand the impact of tobacco alkaloid levels on leaf production and quality.
- To describe and summarise publicly available literature regarding the Biotechnology and Omics techniques and nomenclature commonly used in agriculture in different countries.
- To prepare clear and concise definitions of the Biotechnology and Omics nomenclature and techniques.