Phytopathology & Genetics
- To summarise available IPM strategies relevant for each tobacco pest and disease.
- To produce a document for agronomists & farmers, structured by disease / pest, and providing a common outline framework based on relevant IPM methods. This document to be included on the CORESTA website.
VIR - Virus Diseases - 2008
- To collate and draw conclusions from the viral data (1995-2011).
- To publish a report in a peer-reviewed journal.
To test promising biological and eco-friendly control agents, compared with current control practices.
To collect and collate existing information and to compile documents which will be posted and updated on the CORESTA website:
- Compiling details of all known molecular markers in tobacco, published and unpublished.
- Compiling experimental results of studies testing the efficacy of alternative products (crop protection agents (CPAs) and fertilisers).