Agronomy & Leaf Integrity
AA - Agrochemicals Analysis - 1972
- To perform regular proficiency testing of Multi-Residue Methods for the analysis of agrochemical residues on tobacco.
- To undertake joint experiments to resolve unanswered questions arising from proficiency tests; to expand knowledge base on agrochemical residues and their analysis.
- To produce and maintain a series of Technical Notes (on different agrochemical residue classes and selected individual compounds) to supplement the Technical Guideline and aid method development and improvement.
- To educate about, and promote best Integrated Pest Management practices for post-harvested tobacco worldwide.
- To conduct collaborative studies on pest control and sanitation practices for post-harvested tobacco.
- To investigate new technologies and issues related to infestation control in post-harvested tobacco.
- To study routine procedures used in participating laboratories.
- To provide an independent assessment of the quality of data being produced by participating laboratories, through the Tobacco Proficiency Testing Scheme.
- To determine proper placement of data loggers in curing barns to best represent the true curing conditions within the barn and produce a CORESTA Guide on data logger placement and calibration.
- Sampling (a) To define proper sampling method of post-cure tobacco for TSNA determination. (b) To determine the optimal method for sample preparation for TSNA determination.
- To collect available TSNA presentations and papers and publish them on the CORESTA website.
- In consultation with ACAC, to prepare and maintain a list of agrochemicals necessary to sustain successful leaf production and for which GRLs have to be set or reviewed.
- To produce a formal protocol for trial and testing procedures.
- To promote participation in this programme globally.
- To collate results of trials done under the formal protocol and make them available to ACAC.
- To collect already available field residue trial data from various sources and make them available to ACAC.
SUST - Sustainability in Leaf Tobacco Production - 2012 - 2016
- To identify key issues for sustainability in tobacco leaf production.
- To review, update and complement CORESTA Guide No. 3, considering sustainability Principles and/or Best Practice.
- To identify tools to support the achievement of sustainability in tobacco production.
Work completed - DISBANDED June 2016